Friday, February 8, 2019

The Wretchedness of Trump...and me


You say the president has done all sorts of wretched things and isn’t worthy of respect. You point at his past and mock, how can God use a sinner such as he?
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, sings David the adulterous murderer and Christian slayer Paul…and me, the wretch I see, whenever I hear the song.
Yet, David was king and said to be “a man after God’s own heart.”
Paul was blinded by the Light and became a missionary to the world, penning most of the New Testament.
As for me, all I can say, is that I once was lost, but now I’m found, was blind but now I see.
It’s not about where you stand, with Trump, the man.
But, your eternity rides, on where you stand at the last trump. Which could be before your next breath.
Where will you be when the world stops turning?
Wagging fingers like they did to the crucified Christ?
Or, walking in forgiveness; accepting God’s sovereignty to establish one, and put down another, and in so doing, receiving His amazing grace and mercy?
Dear friend, now is the time, today is the day, to lay down the stones and pray:
Father forgive me.
Please, come into my stony heart and heal me.  
I need You.
Help me to honor You…forever.
If you don’t believe in miracles, if you don’t believe in God…you will, if you utter a pray something like that, sincerely.

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” (Revelation 3: 14-22)

2 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Amen, Doug! Beautifully said here, my friend.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! You get it!