Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blood-Ink

~
Forty years walking the wilderness had to be hard on soles, and souls. Yet believe it or not – the shoes never wore. A miracle? Yes. But, they had to do their part. They didn’t move unless God said move. They parked when He said park. They drove when He said drive. Their GPS was a cloud by day and fire by night.


Today our navigation is twofold, like the one of old. But written on paper to lead by day and written on heart to lead by night.

By Day;

Love written in black and white…and red,

on paper sliced thin, cut from a tree – The Word on wood.

Just like not so long ago:

The Word on wood hung from old rugged tree.

Where skin sliced thin and Love flowed red.

Flesh ripped raw across slivered beam.

Eternal blood-ink engraved wood and ground.

Grave’s unquenchable thirst drank each drop of Pure and Holy.

LOVE fertilized dirt from which we were formed

And LIFE sprung out of the grave reborn.


By night;

On hearts of flesh and blood,

mine sometimes made of stone.

On hearts that fear at night.

On hearts that turn death cold.

On those where God’s forgotten,

when hearts are hard and the only light is darkened.

Love breathes warm, kindles a flame.

Whispers life, spills Light.

I love thee.

I AM with You.

Do not fear.

The Fire by night still leads.



And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14



… I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Hebrews 8:10



Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11



Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path Psalm 119:105



Thousands upon thousands are waiting in the valley of decision. There the day of the Lord will soon arrive. Joel 3:14

Soul worn? Do you park when God says park? Go?
~

No comments: