Wednesday, February 20, 2019

What if...The Answer, The Offer, The Choice


The answer occurred to me, after our very first, company prayer meeting.

It’s how God does things.
  • A meek stuttering fugitive, instead of a sleek eloquent prince.
  • A shepherd and a sling, instead of a giant and a sword.
  • A Babe in a manger, instead of a king in a palace.
  • You and I quietly united, instead of a mega-star with glitter and lights.

 His answers are so simple we miss them.

He said it so plain, so clear, there can be no doubt.

I AM The Way, The Truth, The Life. No one comes to The Father but, through Me. John14:6 

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:24

The LORD watches over His word to perform it.  Jeremiah 1:12  

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Did you know, Jesus literally prayed for us? It’s recorded in red & white:

“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 


What if Jesus prayed that prayer for us; for such a time as this?

What if we decide to do our part, in answer to His prayer?

What if, today, you take my hand
And tomorrow, yours is taken by another
And then another, and another
Until young and old, rich and poor,
Every color, from every corner

What if, today we decide to pray,
Like school kids around the flag pole
One by one, day by day, we unite
Virtual hands around the nation
With one heart, one goal, one voice
 "Thy will be done"

What if, before we speak, post or tweet…we pray?
What if, we take Him at His word?
What if, we humble ourselves
Seek His face
Turn from our wicked ways

What if…
We grow, from now ‘til Easter
What if, on Easter morn
Together in one accord
We raise our hands
Our hearts
Our voice
And pray
“Lord, heal our land.”

Will He hear?

Will He listen?

“If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

It’s up to His people, not we the people.

What if, right here, and now, He’s waiting on us?


The offer:

“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.

If you are willing and obedient,
You shall eat the good of the land;
But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. Isaiah 1:18-20


The choice:

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; Deuteronomy 30:19

The choice, is ours.
I choose life.
How about you?

Will you say, “I’m in, amen.”
Will you share with a prayer?
Watch, and pray
Expect and see
What the Lord will do.

‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.  Isaiah 43:19 



As for me, and my house...we're in, amen. 



No comments: