Thursday, November 7, 2019

Coincidence or Providence


I clicked on the book of Mark from freeavbible.com, and Alexander Scourby’s voice began.
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As it is written in the Prophets:
“Behold, I send My messenger before Your face,
Who will prepare Your way before You.”
“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight.’ ”
As Alexander continued quiet in the background, I sipped coffee and read various online devotionals.
I just so happened to be reading a story on www.faithwriters.com  about a precious lady named Bernice. She only had forty cents to her name and was about to give ten of it to the missionaries at church. She prayed that somehow God would use her small offering to make a big difference…just as I read those words, I heard:

"Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living." (Mark 12:41-44)

Precious are the moments
When time and eternity meet
When circumstance and Divine timing collide
The world calls it coincidence
I call it Providence
If only I pause long enough to listen
It's here
I hear
My Savior breathe

Things like these, happen all the time. This was just one small example.
I sent a message to the author of the story, just to encourage. Just to say thanks. Just to say her words were heard and rippled to Eternity and back.
His Eternal Voice echoes throughout the everyday timeliness and circumstances of life.
His Word goes out, like the voice of Alexander Scourby echoing through the speakers of my laptop, even now, as I write. I hear it playing in the background; but, I’m not really listening.
HE speaks every day and often. His Word is heard, but, alas, rarely listened to.  
When we stop and listen, He will show up. We will catch a glimpse of Him intersecting our lives. Guaranteed.
When it happens, don’t ask, why.  Analysis isn’t necessary. No need to dissect every single word and syllable trying to figure some deep, hidden meaning.
It wasn’t my job to figure out a hidden meaning behind Bernice and the poor widow’s offering. It was my responsibility to simply acknowledge my Father was near.  
Like all good fathers, His desire is to walk and talk with us. Just like in the beginning; in the Garden of Eden. Just like we do with our children, grandchildren and friends.
We don’t just bark orders. Neither does He. We say things that don’t require an answer or action. We simply communicate. Show up. He does the same.
His heart’s desire is for us to know Him.
Lord,
Open our eyes to see and ears to hear, the ringing of Your Divine Providence in the everyday timeliness and circumstances of life.
Thank you
Amen.

I am the good shepherd;
and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father;
and I lay down My life for the sheep.
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them,
and they follow Me.
(John 10: 14-15,27)



No comments: