Friday, November 8, 2019

Dear Marijuana



Dear Marijuana
Ohh how you ruined my life.
It's only temporary, though, because I'm getting better!
You hurt me and my family. You took my emotions, hid them in a box and buried them deep, but guess what?? 
I found the key.
You took my motivation and hid that, but...
I'm searching, I'll find it, I can count on me.
You took my self esteem and destroyed it into the smallest little pieces.
I'm still finding those pieces to put them back together.
My emotions, you did something way worse, not just locking them up and throwing away the key, but you turned them to anger till I started hating ME.
You put me into this circle, a circle I called "my friends". 
You set me up and so many bad things happened with them.
I needed you every second and you weren't there for me.
I lost 23 pounds in a month because you took my appetite and you ate up my whole life. 
You ate up me.
You watched my need for you slowly hurt my mom and I was your puppet playing along.
Not noticing how you controlled me, you were the remote and I was the T.V.
It's been hard to lock you away and throw away the key, but I'm taking the path that's best for me!!!


Image may contain: 1 person














The above letter was posted with permission from my lovely niece, Diamond. 

She is currently working her way through Heartland Girls Ranch. She's recently been assigned her very own horse to care for.
It's hard. 

But, hard isn't bad...it's just hard. 

We appreciate you remembering her in your prayers.


Dearest Diamond,
You are courageous, intelligent and beautiful, inside and out.
Just like your name implies, you may have been drug through the dirt, the mill and the mine, 
but all these things have only made you sparkle and shine...and by the looks of things, revealed a gift for writing.

You are so very much loved and never, ever alone. 









1 comment:

Aunt Judy said...

Honey, I have prayed for you as you know my sister would have done. Praises are there for you too. Be brave and courageous. Jesus loves you.