Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On


If we’re listening to the same Station, it’s only natural we’d be singing the same song. So, I shouldn’t be amazed, when it happens. But, I always am.
For about a week, I've been working on an article about God shaking everything that can be shaken, so only that which can't be shaken remains.
The text was from Hebrews:
"When God spoke from Mount Sinai His voice shook the earth, but now He makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.” This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain. Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a devouring fire." (Hebrews 12:26-29)
As I wrote and prayed, I kept thinking "Now, if we start seeing earthquakes, that'll really be something"
During a prayer call with IntercessorsFor America, the text and theme was exactly what I’d been working on…(I know I shouldn’t have surprised—but I was).
In the middle of the call, I had to put it on pause, because a friend came over and asked for a ride to where his wife had just had a fender bender, (thankfully, no one was hurt).
On the drive I casually mentioned what I'd been working on and he said, "There was an earthquake, today! I think it was in Indonesia.”
I hadn’t researched what he’d said, but then, an hour or so later I was on a conference call for my work and one of the managers on the line lives in Utah.
Guess what?
She said today we’ve already had four earthquakes. This morning, a 5.7. and three more in the last hour; 4.6; 5.1; 4.2.
While we were still on the phone she said, another town, Taylorsville Utah, just had a 5.2 and they declared a state of emergency.
It seems the article I started last week, has run out of patience with my procrastination and is pretty much writing itself.
If there ever was a time, it's now, for us dear folks to put our house in order, grab hold of that which cannot be shaken, watch and pray, sound the trumpet and lift our heads for our redemption is drawing nigh.



No comments: