Saturday, April 16, 2022

Pastor Boda's Last Sermon

 

I’m smiling. How rude.

You may have never experienced a sadder, Saturday, than today.

Yet here I am, talking to Jesus about you and yours, and smiling.

Please forgive me. I know we’re supposed to weep with those who weep, and I’ve asked the Comforter to saturate your sorrow. Yet, I can’t keep from smiling.  

But you’re not alone in your grief. They felt the same, this day, between the cross and the empty grave.

All were guilty, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

But, yesterday, the Judge allowed the verdict to Passover us, and fall on Him. Yesterday, He hung in our place.

Today, in what may be your saddest, Saturday, your dad is smiling at seeing what, no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.

So, I can’t help it, I’m smiling too. Because I caught a glimpse of your dad and Jesus, preparing one last sermon. The script was prepared with a quill called Divine timing.

When timing and Eternity collide; the world calls it coincidence. God calls it Providence.

The departure set, just before the Lord’s. The sermon delivered, Maundy Thursday. The day before Good Friday. The day Jesus took the bread and cup; this is My body; this is My blood.

That day He demonstrated what Love looks like, by kneeling to wash feet; and kneeling to pray, “Not My will, but Thine.” A beautiful reflection, of the life your dad lived.

The tears were real, as great drops of blood. The pain intense. Yet for the joy, set before, He endured.

The message clear. This is not the end. It’s a glorious beginning. I will, see you again.

“But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus, we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

No comments: