Friday, October 8, 2010

Isaac/Ishmael Project - Why Me?

CONTINUED:


I closed the tattered journal. Too many emotions to name; but only one question: Why me? I’m a nobody from nowhere. I don’t have a voice. I can’t talk to the world. I can’t just reach out to the highest office in the land. I don’t know the President. I don’t know anyone in the news media.


Interrupting my thoughts I heard; “You can pray. I know. I’ve heard you.” I don’t know if it was out loud or in my head but I heard it just the same.

“Oh Lord” I flipped the journal open and it fell to :

May 16th 1958


Married! Oh Gracious God I thank you for your divine wisdom and great love. You have ordained and orchestrated this marriage. I am a direct descendant of Abram through Ishmael and Sarah is of the lineage of Abraham through Isaac. We are one. Two worlds united. Now, Lord, allow our union to bring together the brothers at war. And should you bless us with children sovereign Lord, use them to usher in your divine plan prepared from the foundation of the world. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.




Oh Lord, I feel like I’ve just been dropped in the middle of New York City – lost, broke and naked. But I have a cell phone with your number. I’m calling for help. I know you have a plan.

Some problems seem too big, too far out of control that they’re not even worth praying over. But these folks did. They prayed for peace between brothers at war for thousands of years. All things are possible with you.

For reasons beyond my understanding you have brought us together. Who am I to stand in the way? And so, I’ll stand in the gap. And pray.

My new friend and I are brothers; two worlds united. Now Lord, unite brothers at war and usher in your divine plan prepared from the foundation of the world. Bring about a great reconciliation. Open our eyes to view one another as brothers and sisters. Open our ears to hear your voice and follow. Teach us to love with Your love that never fails. Remind us that our enemies are not each other but hosts of wickedness from the evil one and place a desire in us to pray. We pray for our President, the leaders of countries and all those in authority. We pray they acknowledge you and be filled with your wisdom to lead with integrity and honor. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

I spent the next day copying the translated portion of the notebook to make it easier to read and I wanted a copy on the computer. I closed the journal and repeated a prayer similar to the one above. Before I opened my eyes I could see brightness through my eyelids.

I knew what it was.

I opened my eyes and sure enough there he stood; bronzed leather, brilliant white clothes. Smiling blue eyes made me smile back.

“Take heart. You have a voice, you are somebody and you can reach out to the Highest Office in the World at any time – you will be heard.” Overwhelmed; my eyes started to swim. Contacts floated like a canoe on a river down my cheeks.

He looked at the journal smiling. I looked at it, now splattered with tears and two contacts - somewhere.

I knew there was another reason for his visit. I picked up the tattered leather, slowly. I didn’t want to part with it, but I knew I had to. His hand extended as slowly as mine. He was still smiling and I wondered why; I was just about to ask when his hand touched the notebook – and he was gone.

My eyes fixed on the empty space where he once stood. I wondered about that smile. And then it occurred to me, everything was clear. Literally, everything was clear. I could see perfectly. With no contacts in my eyes I could see perfectly. My eyes were healed!

I’m not sure how the whole Angel thing works, but there’s no doubt in my mind that he was one. And they must have a sense of humor; he was giddy about slipping in a secret miracle for my eyes, just because – God Is Love.

THE END.




No comments: