Monday, January 10, 2011

Guilt or Passion?


 

People far and wide inquire. They wish to see me again. Voices from the past may not remember my name – but they remember the ministry.

I suppose this should be cause for joy. And evidence of the Lord's leading; an open door to run through. So, why do I hesitate? Why do I feel that chapter is closed? Instead of walking through I'm walking away.

Am I rejecting the call of God?

This robs my sleep.

I wonder if setting this down is like the man burying the talent. I don't want to be called a wicked and lazy servant. I don't want to bury my talent – or my head in the sand. Yet, I don't want to build yesterday's dream only to realize it's a sandcastle and the tide has changed.

If I am burying my talent, why would I do such a thing? Fear? I think not. I am confident of success if I pursue. Then what? Guilt? I wouldn't think so…at least not until today. But I don't want to think of that… yet.

As these thoughts stole my sleep, I prayed. Seeking answers I sought The Answer.

Is not success and approval all I should need to point the direction I should take?

Not necessarily. You think of success as some rare event that stands as a pillar to build your life around. It is not. Success should be a normal standard, a simple milestone of many along life's journey. And success isn't measured by popularity.

Although sent with honest regard. Accolades can be deceiving when they enter your ears.

Consider your work. Hour after hour you prayerfully and passionately choreographed every nuance. So why wouldn't it be a success? How could I not but bless it?

The tide may change, but not the ocean. Where's your passion? Why have you stopped pursuing a dream? Guilt will cause hesitation even though passionate pursuit is desired.

Yes, I think I understand. I see what I should pursue and then remember the times I've failed… and the past gets in my eyes.

Remember the ocean? It's got the best sunrise and sunset on the planet… showing simultaneously. And yet – you can't even notice your sins buried under all of it.

The tides change but always draw from the same well. You may change pursuits of happiness but draw from the same ocean of passion; a well of Living Water placed in you that never will run dry.

The tide may change but the ocean is still a success.

Keep the passion but leave the past. You are forgiven. Your dreams were placed by Me. I knew you were going to fall, and I knew I would be here to pick you up.

I know you think what you've done is too ugly a stain to ever put you on display. You think you should sit in the back unseen, unnoticed, unimportant. And you may sit in the back unseen and unnoticed, and that's ok. But you're never unimportant.

Understand that under Me you are made clean. The sin no longer remains. Not a stain, not a spot not a blemish. I've done it all.

Do you believe Me? Now it's up to you.

Prayerfully pursue passion and peace and your well never will run dry.


 

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart

Micah 7:19
You will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!

Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us

1 comment:

unnamed lad said...

Psalm 103:12
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us


...a favorite verse! i have those guilt ghosts to contend with on occassion, as well.