Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One word prayer

~
Dear Jesus.


Five people I know are dealing with serious health issues. Three are hovering near death’s door; one is facing heart surgery another battling cancer.

All of a sudden it seems, I’m surrounded by failing flesh.

Prayers skyrocket like fireworks on the Fourth of July. Words of hope and healing are whispered while Hopeless and Helpless are banging down the door.

It hasn’t been that long since we buried our mother and then a friend not long after.

And now?

Not yet, not again, not another.

Never have I noticed so much hurt and so much pain. Folks all around crying out for help; reaching out in need. Have they always been there? Have I just begun to see? Why is this Lord? Or, is it just me?

I thought I knew how to pray. But tonight I’m at a loss. I feel heavy. Weary. I don’t know what to do or what to say. I want to pray for joy and comfort and peace and healing; restored hope, fulfilled dreams and happy endings.

But instead all I can do is suck in a long hard breath and exhale His name:

JESUS

And somehow I know. At least for now, that is enough.

In Him we live and move and have our being.

By Him, we are healed.

Near Him our joy is full

With Him we have sweet peace

No matter the problem, JESUS is the answer.

~



leave a message…


ipray4u.

No comments: