Sunday, June 10, 2018

Consider the birds

I rose while the morning was still asleep 
The birds broke the silence first, 
singing while still in the dark. 

The sun must’ve liked their song, 
Because, it eased from the far side of the lake,
and started dancing on the waves.


Lord, help me to be like those birds. 
To sing, while still in the dark.
To praise You before the provision.
To trust You, through the night.


Not, like Thomas, needing to see
But like the birds, who just know
Not believing because I see,
But seeing, because I believe.



"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? ~ Jesus in Matthew 6:26"


1 comment:

unnamed lad said...

Howdy Doug!

The birds singing in the morning is one of my favorite times of the day. What a beautiful sound and I thank our Father that I can still hear them. Miss not being able to hear the crickets. I have thought often about the scripture you used here in reference to the birds. Thinking about becoming a snowbird too:)

Shalom!