Monday, January 11, 2010

I’m So Glad I’m A Part Of The Family Of God

Last night 1,550 miles from home, we held hands with about 50 people from all parts of the world and sang. As we did, I realized, we’re never far from home when we’re with family…I could almost hear The Father say, "Welcome home."

The song we sang…

I’m So Glad I’m A Part Of The Family Of God

I’m a part of the family

The family of God

I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God

I’ve been washed in the fountain

And cleansed by His blood

Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod

For I’m a part of the family

The family of God

You will notice we say “brother and sister” around here

It’s because we’re a family and these folks are so near

When one has a heartache we all share the tears

We rejoice in each victory in this family so dear

I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God

I’ve been washed in the fountain

And cleansed by His blood

Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod

For I’m part of the family

The family of God

From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King

No longer an outcast, a new song I can sing

From rags to riches, from the weak to the strong

I’m not worthy to be here but thank God I belong

I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God

I’ve been washed in the fountain

And cleansed by His blood

Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod

For I’m a part of the family

The family of God

Yes I’m a part of His family

The family of God

7 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

These words touch my heart greatly today, Doug. I'm been clinging to the promise that I'm part of that family. Our own church family is facing some struggles (which I alluded to on my blog today), so reading these lyrics today was God's perfect timing.

Denise said...

Amen. Thanks for sharing this my friend.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Doug, the fact that I have family everywhere keeps in my heart that my citizenship is in Heaven. (It helps me not miss Colorado so much, too.)

Karen said...

Even when people are singing hymns in a different language, there is such a sense of unity.
Thanks for sharing the words to an old favorite of mine.

Doris said...

I too am glad to be part of the family, the family of God. These lyrics today blessed my heart for I am due for hip surgey (first one went wrong). I know that being in God's family is one I cherish. I love to write and I love painting, but most of all I love my Jesus. Thank you Lord that I am in the family of God. Doris

Doris said...

Thank you for the lyrics on this song today....I was looking for it. I am glad that I am part of the family of God - what a gift God has given to us. What would life look like if we were not part of the family. Thank you again, it blessed my heart and makes me want to sing.

Unknown said...

thank you doug spurling. I was greatly in need of this song and these lyrics. now I have the honor of sharing it with my church. it has been a request for a while. thank You God for making us a part of your family.